UPDATE (06/28/2019: This project is on hiatus until September since everyone seems busy with Summer Stuff. Want an email reminder when we get back in the swing of things? Sign Up Here.
UPDATE (04/20/2019): Last Wednesday was our best attended and longest running get together yet. I’ve shut down the Facebook event because no one was visiting the page because I was neglecting it. You can still sign up for a weekly email reminder here.
UPDATE (01/11/2019): We’ve renamed this event ECE LIVE and set up a Facebook Event to make it easier for folks to stay updated, suggest topics, and connect. You can still sign up for a weekly email reminder here. Conversations usually last about an hour. You can log on via this link each Wednesday at 8:30 Eastern, 7:30 Central, 6:30 Mountain, and 5:30 Pacific. There’s no charge and no registration. There is a limit to the number of people that can log on, but we’ve never gotten close to maxing out. In the USA, you can also join via phone call–Just dial 1 646 876 9923 US (Eastern USA) or 1 408 638 0968 US (Western USA) and enter meeting ID: 512 766 576 when prompted.
UPDATE: (11.28.2018): We’ve been at this a few weeks with nice results. Conversations have ranged from early learning topics, to Life and general chit-chat.
After over 450 podcast episodes, we’re opening a virtual version of the Child Care Bar and Grill each Wednesday evening at 7:30 Central Time. I’ve always imagined a rough around the edges bar and grill on the edge of town where early learning professionals stop for a drink after a long day to relax and chat with peers. With the help of Heather from That Early Childhood Nerd podcast and Kristen and Tiffany from the Q&A with T&K podcast, we’re offering caregivers a chance to connect with peers and converse, vent, share, laugh, and generally blow of some steam in the middle of the week via the interwebs. You can even sign up here to get a weekly reminder email so you won’t miss the chance to hang out.
Here’s a bit of detail:
- We’ll connect via the Zoom meeting platform. You can participate with most any Windows, iOS, or Android smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can join through a web browser, but on tablets and phones you’ll have a better user experience with the Apple or Android app. You can test your device here.
- The platform allows participants to connect via video and audio as well as chat.
- You can join via this link. We’ll start at 7:30 central time each Wednesday evening and end whenever the last participant logs off. There’s no charge and no registration. There is a limit to the number of people that can log on. In the USA, you can also join via phone call. Just dial 1 646 876 9923 US (Eastern USA) or 1 408 638 0968 US (Western USA) and enter meeting ID: 512 766 576 when prompted.
- We’re not imposing too much form on this–we want it to be relaxed and user-led. The only real rule is Don’t Be A Jerk.
- Grab a snack, pour a beverage, and get comfortable before logging on. You can participate from any location with a decent internet connection. Earbuds with a built-in microphone are recommended if you connect from a loud environment.
- You can pop any questions in the comments below.