What Brings You Joy?
This week’s question:
What Brings You Joy?Beth
Here are my top 20 things that bring me joy every week:
20. A pocket full of buttons, polly pocket shoes, wad of playdough, a marble, red gems, a beetle (poor thing), a broken popsicle stick, and a few other assorted items I pick up off of the floor throughout the day.
19. Chalk hearts and flowers on my sidewalk
18. Two extra loads of laundry…one beach towels, and one mud covered clothes
17. Buckets of toads I must set free at the end of each night
16. Painted handprints on my faucets.
15. An older boy running to help a toddler after she fell
14. Three school age boys dressed up in fairy and princess outfits, trying to conquer the world
13. My big boy helper, refilling soap dispensers
12. Dirty little toes dangling from the picnic table
11. The mound of perfectly rolled little clay balls I found under the art table
10. Listening to a “big” kid read Toad on the Road to a “little” kid in the cozy area, for the third time
9. Sprinklers and watermelon on a hot day
8. Having a child who’s just putting sentences together say “Bless you again” after I sneezed a second time.
7. Seeing two children in conflict come to a solution without me interjecting. Rock-paper-scissors always works for me too!
6. The baby doll I found snuggled up in MY bed under the covers.
5. Listening to a normally very quiet and shy little girl rock out to “I love rock ‘n roll” on the pretend microphone
4. The baby looking like an angel when he is sleeping, his hands tucked up under his cheek
3. Hearing “I wuv you Minna” for the hundredth time…it never gets old!
2. Kisses blown goodbye
1. Turning around after closing the door on Friday afternoon, completely exhausted, to see the tornado that blew through my house this week, and the mess I still have to clean up, but realizing how lucky I am to have such wonderful children in my life, how much I love this job, and that I get to do it all over again on Monday.
Support Playvolution HQ
creating free content isn’t free
If you find our content here useful, entertaining, or interesting, consider ways you can support the site and our efforts to keep the content flowing.
For example, using our affiliate link when shopping Amazon is a great way to help-you pay the same amount and we receive a small percentage that’ll help keep the site up and running.
You can also support our work by becoming a patron via Patreon