Penny Pitching rules:
- Pennies, beads, or small rocks
- A wall
- Start this game by drawing boundaries next to a wall and away from it, about four feet apart and six feet long.
- Draw another line at the top of the playing area.
- To start the game, the first player stands behind the line and throws a penny against the wall.
- The next player throws his or her penny against the wall and tries to hit the other player’s penny.
- If he or she succeeds, that player takes both pennies.
- The player who has just won pitches the next penny.
- The game is continued until one player winds up with all the pennies.
Note: Variations for this game include winning only if the pennies land on top of each other, drawing boxes that the pennies must land inside, and throwing pennies with the object of landing closest to the wall in order to win all the pennies.1
Here’s a video look at the rules:
And here are some kids in Mexico City, Mexico playing: