- A minimum of 3 people. More people is more fun.
- An agreed-upon play space.
- The objective for It is to tag someone and make them It.
- The objective for all the other players is to avoid being tagged and becoming It.
The person designated as It chases the other players with the goal of tagging one of them. When someone is tagged, they become It. The game continues until recess is over, until it’s time to go home, until everyone is tired, or until the players decide to do something else.
- With larger groups, you can designate two or more people as It.
- Try variations such as Freeze Tag, Tunnel Tag, or TV Tag
- Adjust the size of the play space to meet the needs of the players.