Western North Carolina
- Child-led play has value.
- Children are capable and worthy of respect.
- Welcoming people creates community.
- People need to move their bodies.
- Nature and simplicity inspire imaginative play.We know that self-directed play, moving our bodies, being outside, being together and playing with simple objects results in loads of positive physical, emotional and social benefits.
We host fun pop-up adventure play events in Sylva, North Carolina and connecting locals with all the kid-friendly events in the area.Long term, our goal is to create a community play space that embodies these philosophies.
Long, long term we will research what happens to our community after this space joins the landscape – prove once again the impact of a safe, nurturing play space, and create a replicable model for folks across the country. We want all people to have opportunities to connect in nurturing spaces where we can thrive physically, emotionally and socially.
Join us in changing the world through play.
The Family Resource Center’s mission is to provide a framework through which community and family members may access comprehensive services in an impartial and empowering environment. The primary focus of the Family Resource Center is to support and enhance the presence of healthy children and strong families in a caring community while fostering personal development.