National Home Education Research Institute
The National Home Education Research Institute conducts and collects research about homeschooling (home-based education, home schooling), and publishes the research journal called the Home School Researcher. The institute has hundreds of research works documented and catalogued on home schooling, many of which were done by NHERI. Simply put, NHERI specializes in homeschool research, facts, statistics, scholarly articles, and information.
NHERI exists to do the following things:
- To research, study, and understand those who teach their children at home;
- To publish the peer-reviewed research journal called the Home School Researcher, which chronicles the current research being done about home schooling;
- To speak to the media, legislators, and national organizations about the home schooling movement, showing factual evidence-based research about those who teach their children at home;
- To serve as conference speakers and teachers for groups interested in home schooling; and
- To work with legislators on issues related to parental rights and children’s rights, freedom that parents — internationally and globally — have to teach their children at home, and homeschoolers coordinating with local school officials.1
Have opinions and thoughts on this glossary entry? A tag suggestion? A word, phrase, website, or person we should add to the glossary? Find a typo, bad link, or miscategorized item? Share it all in the comments.
Our On-Demand trainings are engaging, affordable, and available when your schedule allows.
Sessions qualify as approved Nebraska Department Of Education Office Of Early Childhood Automatically Accepted ECE In-Service Training