(Scroll Down for links to upcoming study hall articles)
Here at Playvolution HQ, we’re always seeking new ways for people interested in early learning to connect and learn. That’s exactly what Monday Night Study Hall does. Here’s how it works:
Heather, from That Early Childhood Nerd, will log on to the ZOOM meeting platform twice a month to discuss a different early learning article with anyone who wants to join her. Think of it like a book group with shorter reading assignments.
Heather says, “The nerd in me welcomes the nerd in you! Join me every other Monday evening for a live virtual discussion of early childhood articles that have caught my attention. I promise there will be smart conversation, critical thinking and…rage highlighting.”
You’re invited to log on and participate at your own comfort level. Heck, you don’t even have to know what “rage highlighting” is. You can log on with your highly-highlighted copy of the article in hand ready to discuss, or you can lurk in the background and just listen to the conversation.
You can log on with virtually any device that can open a webpage
- You can use this link or one of the Got To Study Hall buttons in this post to join.
- You can log on with virtually any device that can open a webpage.
- You can also opt to join via phone. Just dial 1 646 876 9923 East of the Mississippi River or 1 669 900 6833 West of the Mississippi River and enter the meeting ID: 834 577 239.
- You can opt to have your video on or off (the meeting default setting is on). Turning video off usually helps if you experience a poor connection.
- If you’re joining from a noisy environment, our experience is that a set of earbuds with a built in microphone make the experience much more enjoyable.
- As Monday Night Study Hall progresses, we’ll update the list of scheduled articles so you have plenty of time to do the reading.
- This webpage will serve as home base for the project, so check back often.
- Use the page comments to ask questions, suggest articles, voice opinions, and share thoughts. The comments section can also be used for followup discussion on an article. You can subscribe to get a notification when new comments are added.
- We’re considering recording Study Hall sessions and making them available to people who can not attend live. There are upsides and downsides to this idea and we are hoping those interested in participating will share their thoughts in the comments so we can use that information to make a decision.
Study Hall Start Time
- 8:00 Eastern Time
- 7:00 Central Time
- 6:00 Mountain Time
- 5:00 Pacific Time
- (Study halls should last about an hour)
Upcoming Study Hall Articles
May 20, 2019
Play and learning—inseparable dimensions in preschool practice
by Ingrid Pramling Samuelsson* and Eva Johansson
June 03, 2019
Exploring Consent and Power in Preschool
by Mike Huber
June 17, 2019
by Vikki Hanrahan, Anna Niles and Marjolein Whyte