DIY | Kid Friendly Glow Water
Here’s a real simple process for adding a bit of glow to sensory play.
- Vitamin B-50, 2 capsules
- Plastic Bag (maybe)
- Wooden Spoon (maybe)
- Measuring Cup
- Table Spoon
- Warm Water
- Sensory Bin
- Black Light
- Assorted Water Play Props
- B-50 comes in capsules and tablets. If you have tablets, place two of them in the plastic bag, close the bag, and use the wooden spoon to crush them into a fine powder. If you’ve got capsules, just pinch them open and pour the powder into the water as directed in the next step.
- Fill the measuring cup with warm water, pour in the crushed vitamin B, and stir with the table spoon to dissolve the powder.
- Fill the sensory bin with warmish water, pour in the vitamin B and water mixture, and stir with the wooden spoon.
- Turn on the black light, turn off the other lights, and play in the dark with your glowing mixture.
- Go big–fill a bathtub or wading pool with a big batch of the glowing liquid and let the kids play in it.
- Make glowing ice cubes and play with them as they melt.
- Try a black light florescent bulb or flashlight.
- Consider letting the glowing liquid join in some dramatic play.
We’d love to know how this idea works in your play environment if you give it a try. Share your experiences in the comments.