DIY | Frozen Paint Cubes
Busy little brains love novelty and interesting sensory experiences, so we wanted to share this quick and easy way to add both to your arts and crafts area. This project literally adds a cool sensory experience to painting. Kids should help with making the frozen paint cubes, don’t keep all the fun and learning to yourself. You might also want to think about taming the mess before you set the kids to painting.
- Ice Cube Tray
- Washable Paint
- Craft Sticks
- Aluminum Foil
- Fill ice cube tray ‘cubicles’ with paint.
- Cover tray with aluminum foil.
- Push a stick through the foil and into each of the cubicles.
- Remove the foil and pop out the frozen paint cubes.
- Make your paint go farther by diluting it with water.
- Make multi-color cubes. Just fill the cube-cells partway with paint, freeze, add more paint, and refreeze.
- Use tooth picks, cotton swaps, or stick sticks instead of craft sticks.
- Try making cubes with Tea Paint.
- You don’t have to use an ice cube tray–try a variety of small containers.
If you give this project a go, we’d love to see photos and hear about your experience and any variations you try.